Ingredients For The Healthy, Hot Chocolate Recipe:
To make a cup of healthy, hot chocolate drink, take the following ingredients:
- 1 Cup of Almond milk
- 1-3 Tablespoon raw Cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon of brown rice syrup (or any natural sweetener of your choice)
It’s better if you make your own almond milk by soaking raw almonds in filtered water for several hours.
Blend the ingredients and warm it to at most 116 degrees and sprinkle with organic cinnamon.
Use Raw Cacao For The Healthy Chocolate Drink
Raw Cacao is a rich source of pure nutrients. It is better than many processed chocolates which lose the value of key nutrients. Also the added ingredients in such candy chocolates make them more harmful.
If you want to enjoy the goodness of chocolate opt the pure, raw way. Drink a cup of raw cacao which is opulent in nutrients and has many benefits like:
- It boosts your cognitive function.
- Improves your mood
- Cinnamon in your cup of cacao helps to lower cholesterol and wards of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It helps women achieve menstrual regularity.
- Cacao is rich in polyphenol flavonoids which reduce the risk of certain cancers like colon.
- Cacao improves blood circulation which keeps clotting at bay
We use Certified Organic Raw Cacao Powder from BioBalance (Our favourite). You can spice it up with a cinnamon stick or a pinch of cayenne pepper for an extra punch of warmth to your drink and some marshmallows on top. Delish!
Advantages of Raw Cacao Powder:
- Weight loss (because of its high chromium and coumarin content)
- Prevention of cavities (theobromine actually kills streptococci mutans one of the strains of bacteria that cause tooth decay)
- Regulation of blood sugar which is beneficial for diabetes (chromium can naturally regulate blood sugar).
Do enjoy your hot delicious winter drink, keep warm!