Most conventional dryer sheets contain suspected and even known carcinogens.The way that conventional dryer sheets work is by ever so gently coating your clothing in toxic chemicals to make them smell nice and leave them static free.
So, instead of using harmful toxins to keep your clothes smelling fresh, make yourself this super simple sachets and you can feel more contended that your laundry is actually safe with the natural alternative when it comes out of dryer.
Prepare your Sachets at Home!
These sachets are inexpensive and simple to make and so much safer than dryer sheets for making your clothes smell great! Just follow the steps given below to make one for yourself
- 1 11″ X 4.5″ piece of Fabric.
- 1 1/2 cups dried herbs of your choice.
- Sewing machine, thread, pins, etc – your basic sewing supplies
- Fold your fabric in half, right sides together, and pin.
- Sew around the unfinished edges, starting 2″ above the bottom corner. The idea here is to leave an opening, so you can flip your sachet right side out.
- Flip your sachet right side out and get stuffing! You may want to work over a plate, so you can collect any herbs that you drop. Grab a small amount to stuff at a time – about a tablespoon is good – it’s much easier and less messy!
- Tuck in the unfinished edge, then top-stitch all the way around your stuffed sachet to secure it.
- You’re all done! You can toss this sachet into the dryer just like you would a dryer sheet, and you can reuse it until the smell begins to fade.
If you don’t like to make it yourself, you can always buy the natural laundry wash at the supermarket but they can be pricey in the long run.